EU General Data Protection Regulation
-- Updated May 23th 2018 --
How Convena Distribution secures EU citizens though EU GDPR compliance. Please check back regularly to be up to date on our GDPR implementation.
What is the EU GDPR?
The EU General Data Protection Regulation - or GDPR - refers to the privacy rights of EU citizens.
The regulation grants EU citizens the right to request access, correction and/or deletion of any personal data held by any given company.
There are 3 key roles under the GDPR:
- Data Subjects are the owners of the data collected.
- Data Controllers are the entities controlling the collected data.
- Data Processors are sub-contractors helping the Data Controllers deliver a service to the Data Subjects.
If you want to know more, you check the official EU GDPR website.
Here is a condensed version of our GDPR jouney and where we are, curently:
- Thoroughly research the areas of our business impacted by GDPR - COMPLETE
- Appoint a Data Protection Officer - COMPLETE
- Implement the required changes to our internal processes and procedures required to achieve and maintain compliance with GDPR - COMPLETE
Additionally, Convena has engaged with outside attorneys on our approach to ensure compliance with this new and far reaching piece of legislation.
That said, at Convena Distribution we have always taken care to protect the business data we hold on our customers and contacts. We want to be transparent with regard to the data we collect and how we use it. And although the new requirements apply only to the EU, we have decided to apply them for all our customers - regardless of where they live.
Our customers are saying
My Account Manager always respond to my requests in a timely manner. Product is delivered when expected and always arrives in Grade A condition.