Social and Environmental Policy
Convena Distribution is committed to meeting or exceeding the requirements of applicable environmental laws and regulations as well as any other voluntary commitments to which it subscribes. The company believes that, by their nature, our operations have a minimal impact on the environment; however, we will seek methods to prevent pollution and to continually improve our environmental performance.
The Danish Government is aiming to aggressively reduce Co2 emissions (having already reduced Co2 emissions by 40% since 2005) and by 2025 Copenhagen will be the first carbon neutral capital in the world, Convena Distribution fully supports these initiatives and will do all it can to assist in the process.
Convena Distribution will seek to minimize its impact on the environment; will seek methods to minimize wasteful use of energy and materials, and to reuse materials within its own processes wherever possible. The company will recycle as much as possible.
Convena Distribution adopted a training program for its staff to raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving the Company’s performance. Convena Distribution will develop, document and communicate the general principles and practices of this Policy to all employees and make this Policy available to the general public.
As a leader in the IT distribution business, Convena Distribution has a responsibility to maintain the highest ethical standards in carrying out our business activities.
Convena Distribution has never had any issues with any authority in regards to breaking environmental or social legislation whether locally, nationally or indeed internationally. We have never incurred any penalties of any sort and stringently aim to continue that fine record.
We have adopted the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA), formerly the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC), Code of Conduct as part of our own Convena Distribution code of conduct. As an employer, Convena Distribution will seek the betterment of its employees through wellness, safety, training programs, and engagement meetings.
We will measure and review this progress at least on an annual basis. We will continuously seek opportunities to improve our adherence to these principles.
Social & Environmental Management System Responsibilities
Convena is cascading to you our Social & Environmental Management System Responsibilities as below:
1. Establish a corporate social responsibility and environmental management system that is defined, deployed, and sustainable and that identifies significant aspects of the supplier's intersections with these matters, including those articulated in the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA) Code of Conduct. The supplier should be able to demonstrate that such a management system is in place and is deployed at their sites where work (for IBM for example) is performed, such that should a major supplier choose to conduct an audit, either by themselves or a directed third party, of a supplier's corporate social responsibility program and/or supplier's environmental program, the supplier will be able to demonstrate compliance with the RBA Code of Conduct
2. Establish programs (within the management system) to control operations that intersect with these matters and confirm compliance with applicable law, regulation and any particular contractual requirements
3. Measure performance associated with supplier's significant environmental aspects where applicable and include at a minimum each of the following aspects common to virtually all businesses:
- Energy conservation
- Waste management and recycling
- Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
4. Set voluntary environmental goals to achieve positive results associated with significant aspects where applicable and include at a minimum one in each of the three aspects cited in Supplier Requirement 3 above
5. Publicly disclose results associated with these voluntary environmental goals and other environmental aspects from the management system, including any regulatory fines or penalties that may have occurred
6. Train employees who are responsible for performing this work
7. Conduct self-assessments and audits as well as management reviews
8. Cascade this set of requirements to the your sub-supplier's.
Convena A/S would hope that in an effort to support wider social and environmental responsibilities that you may consider to please cascade the same set of requirements to your sub-suppliers who perform work that is material to the products, parts and/or services being supplied through Convena Distribution.
Our customers are saying
My Account Manager always respond to my requests in a timely manner. Product is delivered when expected and always arrives in Grade A condition.